HMRC Self Assessment Tax Return
Self Assessment is a system HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) uses to collect Income Tax.
Tax is usually deducted automatically from wages, pensions, and savings. People and businesses with other income must report it in a tax return.
If you need to send one, you fill it in after the end of the tax year (5 April) it applies to.
Sending your return
File your tax return online or send a paper form
Send your tax return by the deadline of 31 January.
If you did not send an online return last year, allow extra time (up to 20 working days) as you’ll need to register first. There are different ways to register if you’re:
- self-employed or a sole trader
- not self-employed
- registering a partner or partnership
Filling in your return
You need to keep records (for example bank statements, receipts, invoices, P45s and P60s) so you can fill in your tax return correctly.
We can help you file your self-assessment tax returns and pay your tax bill with our pass-through service for £80 plus VAT.
What you will get :
- a comprehensive review that ensures we take note and help you take advantage of any tax breaks
- timely submission of your return
- timely communication of tax payable or reclaimable
- also timely payment of your file including strategic timing of cashflows where payment on account is advantageous
- copy of filed returns and calculations for your records
Complete your Self Assessment today for a one-off charge of £80 Plus VAT